Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Waitangi Day - What I Did...

Hello Friends

Today has been Waitangi Day, our national day.  While I did not go off and celebrate anything special, I did, in my own way, have a very good day. The day has been quite chilly with a very brisk southerly coming through, so it was absolutely perfect for what I wanted to achieve.  This is what I got up to....


           Sorted through some fat quarters that have be just sitting there for a while....

 
Pressed and cut some into 2 1/2 inch strips (watch this space)...
 
 
Worked on this little SB UFO that has been tucked away for far too long.....
 
 
Got fabrics ready for my bag (didn't quite get the pattern traced though)...
 
 
Cut out two thread catchers ready to be sewn up.....
 
I also did a couple of other things, but I cant show them just yet.  Some secret squirrel projects are going on here too.  All in all a very productive day.
 
I had a wee purchase a while ago too.... these little darling SB kits....
 
 
I just love Shepherds Bush..... always have.  Cant wait to start one of these babies.  I have another couple of kits too, just have not taken photos of them yet.
 
Thank you for the emails and messages left on my last post about my outdoor table.  Still a work in progress there..... let's see what the next couple of days bring.  The weekend is meant to be fine and I am sure I will want to be sitting out there again.
 
So that was my day.  Totally enjoyed it, loved the cool of the day, even put my slippers on!
 
I hope your day was as good as mine, whatever you did.
 
Until next time....
 
Kath
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Wendy said...

So many lovely things at your place. All your projects look beautiful, sounds like a great day. I am enjoying the cool change too.

Christine S said...

Sounds like an awesome day, Kath! So many pretty projects.

Nicky said...

Your Red Home project fabrics look lovely Kath. Your SB UFO looks like it's almost done, it always feels good to get the last stitch in, and I love the new SB kits, especially when they have sheep! It was cool down here on Waitangi Day too, but things are heating up again today....

Karoline said...

Nice progress on your SB UFO and the new stash looks yummy.

Gorgeous fabric selection there :)